LET'S STOP THE SPREAD
RESERVATIONS, REBOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
The Salty Pelican is offering FREE UNLIMITED RECBOOKING & FREE CANCELLATION for all bookings with travel dates between the 01/03/21 - 31/12/21. All Rebookings need to be applied for 7 days prior to arrival date via email or phone call. You can rebook to any one of our retreats in either Portugal or Sri Lanka with arrival date within 12 months of the original booking date.
1) ALL BOOKINGS secured with a 50% deposit charged/authorised to the submitted "valid" credit card details.
2) FREE REBOOKING & CANCELLATION up to 7 days prior to your arrival date, for all bookings with travel dates between 01/03/2021 - 31/12/2021.
3) Rebooking needs to be done 7 days prior to arrival. Customer can rebook to any of our retreats in Portugal or Sri Lanka, with the new arrival date to be within 12 months of the original arrival date.
5) Remaining Balance paid at reception on the check-in date
6) In the event of a “No-Show“ your reservation will be cancelled automatically and the full booking amount charged to the supplied credit card
ACCESS THE SALTY PELICAN
· Exclusive access to guests & staff only and no outside visitors allowed
· Hand sanitiser available at all entry points to The Salty Pelican
· Where possible, guests will preferably stay in a room which has not been occupied the night before
· There is no rooms or social common areas with air conditioning
· Guests are advised to use their own water bottle or purchase one of our reusable stainless steel water bottles to refill for drinking water rather than use glasses and cups at our properties.
· Our staff will be properly protected, using personal protective face mask and guests are encouraged to wear a face mask where possible.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
· Thorough cleaning and disinfection daily, especially in high contact points in shared rooms and shared spaces
· Use of government advised disinfectant products
· Our properties have very good airflow and ventilation through all rooms and common spaces
· Cleaning and disinfection of the areas used by guests for meals, after each use
· Thorough daily housekeeping of all guest rooms
· Guests may also choose whether or not to request room cleaning service during their stay
· Hand sanitiser available at all property access points and all bathrooms
FOOD AND DRINK SERVICES
· Dinners/Restaurant for guests & staff only and no visitors allowed
· Breakfast buffet is not permitted and requires prior breakfast choice instead
· Breakfast and dinner staff will be protected with specific face masks and protective gloves
· Cleaning and disinfection of the areas used by guests for their meals, after each use
YOGA, SURFING, SUP AND HIKING EXPERIENCES
· Outdoor experiences will mostly be scheduled and favoured
· For prevention and only in the case of bad weather, our indoor yoga shala may be temporarily unavailable.
· Group classes/hikes will have a maximum number of participants
· Detailed and updated information will be explained on the day of your arrival at the reception
· We suggest where possible that guests bring their own gear for sports and activities (yoga mat, yoga equipment, bathroom/beach towels and wetsuit for surfing)
· All our yoga mats and blocks will be disinfected after each use. A sanitised yoga mat will be given to each guest at check-in which they will use for the length of their stay before returning to be disinfected before the next customer.
OTHER SPACES AND SERVICES
· Communal kitchens are temporarily unavailable
· All indoor and outdoor social areas are open but we encourage social distancing where possible
THE SALTY PELICAN TEAM
· Training of all staff with new procedures and hygiene
· Face masks always worn within our properties
· Reduction in the number of employees per area
EXTERNAL SERVICES & PARTNERS
· Suppliers with "Clean & Safe" seal are preferred
· Social distancing enforced with all external services and partners
We advise you to add our cancellation insurance when completing your booking. This insurance will cover you for any cancellation within 7 days of your arrival date if you are directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19 travel restrictions or flight cancellations.
We encourage all of our guests follow all updated information from the World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public