The Salty Pelican Yoga & Surf Retreat in Portugal Is a clean, secure and beautiful charismatic villa just minutes away from the seaside . Our retreat has a combination of deluxe shared rooms and private double rooms for up to 45 persons.
We have many features at our retreat, including a cosy lounge area, outdoor but covered communal dining BBQ terrace, heated swimming pool with infinity waterfall edge in-house masseuses offering massages, peaceful gardens to hang and unwind all day in our lounges & bean bags, tourist & tours information desk, laundry room, Complimentary WiFi, delicious Complimentary breakfast buffet daily, clean fresh linen and much more. Our fluent english speaking staff are always ready to answer all your questions. When you want to experience the local culture, we have all the information you will need to visit Cascais and best surrounding area sites, including a Complimentary local map at check-in. While you're here you can give surfing a go, as we have a daily learn to surf program running everyday of the year with qualified surf instructors. Our daily yoga & meditation programs are running daily except on Mondays. We have established a diverse range of activities which includes our Seafood & Grilled Vegetarian BBQ nights, Portuguese Tapas & Wine nights, Sourdough & Pizza nights, Guided Meditation hikes, rock climbing and stand up paddle boarding activities. With over 300 days of sun per year, you spend most of your time outdoors, even in winter. We are located at the perfect spot, just over 700m walk from both the beach and closest train station of Monte Estoril. Here you will find the beautiful seaside promenade where you can enjoy daily walks along the stunning coastline. There is quite a few restaurants all a few minutes walk away, including a really nice tapas restaurant, fish restaurant and a few cafes with really good coffee and pastries. There is also a bank, bar and supermarket conveniently located near by. The Salty Pelican has a beautiful garden where you can relax all day in either the sun or shade whilst enjoying a good book, refreshing sangria or just meeting new friends. In the evenings the garden is a good place to socialise after an active day of sun and surf with some relaxing music. We guarantee you’ll have a great day every day and really appreciate this experience in Portugal...
• Amazing location just 700m from the sea
• Heated Swimming pool & sun loungers
• Beautiful multi-tiered garden & beanbags
• BBQ facilities & communal outdoor dining
• Most rooms with views over the garden
• No curfew - No lock-out
• Daily yoga classes ( except Mondays )
• Property & room security key-bracelet access
• Indoor yoga Shala available when raining
• Daily surf lessons
• Cozy open living room area
• Indoor work & dining areas
• All day menu + healthy drinks & cocktails
• Massages & treatments available
• All rooms are modern & clean
• Most rooms with shared bathrooms
• COMPLIMENTARY Daily Breakfast ( **All inclusive packages only )
• COMPLIMENTARY Bathroom & Pool towels
• COMPLIMENTARY Lemongrass & Bergamot Shampoo dispensers
• COMPLIMENTARY Hairdryers available in all bathrooms
• COMPLIMENTARY Yoga mats & equipment use
• COMPLIMENTARY Wifi - including in your room
• COMPLIMENTARY Luggage storage
• COMPLIMENTARY Local map
• PREMIUM Surfboard range (**Package bookings only)
• Tours & travel desk
• Outdoor Yoga sessions most days
• Board games
• Usb charging points available for every shared bed
• Laundry service available ( *extra )
• Printing services available
• Daily housekeeping
SERVED EVERY MORNING
Don't skip our FREE delicious & healthy breakfast buffet served daily - including freshly baked bread, fresh fruits, natural yogurts, vegetables, homemade hummus, jams, muesli & cereals, dried fruits, mixed nuts, chia seeds, cheeses, chorizo, eggs, soy milk and a delicious hot section with warm dishes varying throughout the week. Grab an organic tea, sample a selection of Nespresso coffee pods or a glass of our cinnamon & lemon infused water and really enjoy the glorious morning sunshine outside in our beautiful garden dining area. It's the perfect way to start the day...
& All Day Menu
THE BACKYARD : CENTRAL MEETING POINT
The central meeting point to start your day or nightly adventures; the perfect place to meet fellow yogis from all over the world. Chill-out in our heated swimming pool with infinity waterfall edge and read a book whilst catching some sun in our poolside sun loungers. The pool and garden areas really comes into its own each evening, where you can relax with new friends after an active day of yoga & surf.
Savour local flavours with a mexican twist from our poolside all day menu including healthy delicious vegetarian options and locally made kombucha.
BODY TREATMENTS & MASSAGES
On your arrival day, a schedule is open to book your massages. We will pamper your bodies with a variety of relaxing massages. Really take the time to appreciate and absorb the special oils that your body and mind needs. Make your stay even more zen after an active day of surf and yoga… Help your body to find the perfect balance.